The other girls went to the Doctor Who experience this morning. I really wanted to go and get my picture in the TARDIS but it was £20. Instead, I said I would hold us spaces in line for the Globe. We were going to see Doctor Fautus featuring Arthur Darvil (who plays Rory in Doctor Who.) It really was mostly a coincidence that this weekend turned out to be so truly nerdy.
I would recommend a show at the Globe to anyone who goes to London. The way it works is you can either get a seat ticket or a groundling ticket but I don’t know why anyone would get a seat ticket. They have the groundlings line up before the show starts and the closer to the front of the line you are, the closer you can stand to the stage. I was about 15 people from the front of the line and I got to lean on the stage.
I didn’t realize this but Doctor Faustus is actually a really good play. Sure, it’s all about morality which can be tiresome but the characters are so good. Methastopholis is such an interesting character in my opinion and Doctor Faustus even more so. They both seem to know they are bad people but they refuse to change. Faustus is given so many chances and he seems to really want to and he never does.
After the show we went to the gift shop and as we left the gift shop we saw Arthur Darvil standing there getting his picture with some fans. He looked super annoyed and tired and while we waited we decided that we wouldn’t ask for autographs or anything, we just wanted to tell him he was awesome. To bad, after he got done getting his picture taken, he turned and walked off the other way. I don’t think he even saw us. We started following (well, not really following since we were all heading for the door) but then we decided that we didn’t want to bother him if he was tired and wanted a break before the evening show.
Anyway, this seems to be a habit with us that we get so close to telling the actors that we love that we think they’re awesome and then they leave before we get the chance to. We are the truly good fans because we know when to leave them alone. Well, on the off chance any of the following three people ever read this, here is what one of your fans wanted to tell you. David Tennant-your Hamlet was a revelation (and your Benedick was good too.) Catherine Tate-it is wonderful what you are doing for female comedians. Arthur Darvil-You are lovely. Also, since today you looked a little tired and annoyed- would you like a jelly baby?
No comments:
Post a Comment